If there’s one thing I am really good at, it’s writing essays for scholarship and college applications. To date, I’ve been awarded nearly $400,000 in scholarships for undergraduate and graduate studies at NYU and Columbia University.
At the end of the day, a lot of students look the same on paper. It’s not uncommon to have a 4.0 GPA, score close to a 2400 on the SATs, play an instrument in band, and go on service trips with your church. These things alone aren’t enough anymore. Students have to find a way to stand out to admissions committees, and their stage is the college essay. Not only do ad coms want to see that you’re intelligent; they want to know that you’re a real person, the kind of person they’d want to be around. They want to know that by selecting you, they’re making an investment in the future that will have high returns.
During the Scholarship & College App Essay Editing process, we will:
- Have an initial interview by phone or email to find out more about you, the applicant
- Review your original essay draft and offer honest, constructive criticism
- Brainstorm potential essay-writing topics, while being careful to avoid overused tropes
- Review a second draft of the essay and return to you with detailed line edits (including both grammatical and stylistic suggestions)
- Send you a final written evaluation of the essay, including tips and tricks for moving forward
Rates are based per essay prompt’s word count: $75 per 300 words. Word counts are rounded up to the nearest set of 300.